News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Incorrect sizing

Started by Oldfart, May 23, 2008, 03:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldfart

Hi, I'm new to Anyrail and I have noticed that the sizing is incorrect compared to another program. I drew a plan in Anyrail and tried to repeat the same plan in Wintrack and I noticed that the 2 programs showed different sizes of the track. Which program is correct ???!!!

David

We try all we can to get the geometry of each piece of track correct. In many cases, we measure the real part ourselves, as the manufacturers do not always publish the correct dimensions.

Still, there might of course be mistakes in the track libraries. Could you specify which library, or even which part does not seem to be correct?

Thanks in advance!

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Oldfart

I'm using Marklin C track. In Anyrail the pieces are smaller than in Wintrack.

On another matter, I'm not sure how to setup an incline and decline in a plan. Can Anyrail show tunnel entrances and exits ?

David

I moved this topic to the Problem Area - hope that's OK with you.

Are all parts smaller? Or do they seem smaller on screen or when printed?

One difference might be that in AnyRail, the actual tracks (rails) are drawn, while Wintrack draws no track but the outline of the piece including its bedding. So they appear wider. Would that explain it?

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.